A Denton Family Story
Today we have a mom and her young daughter who have been living in one of the local extended stay hotels. She has been working hard but unfortunately COVID struck and she had to miss 3 weeks of work, thus losing 3 weeks of pay.
Before her diagnosis, she was approved for an apartment and set to move in May after paying an admin fee by the end of March. COVID caused her to miss so much work and now she isn’t able to pay the fee, save for rent, or pay for the new transportation she just acquired.
Possible Return to Homelessness
Her current hotel stay ends at the end of March. This will cause her and her daughter to return to homelessness until the apartment is ready if she can come up with the money for the admin fee by the end of March.
How GLR/GH Can Help
In situations like this, GLR/GH can potentially help with the admin fee and potential hotel stat until the apartment becomes available. This allows mom and daughter to keep a roof over their heads so that sweet girl can remain in school and mom can maintain employment. Our hope is always to ensure a family does not have to start the cycle all over again. Can you help us with the much needed funds to help families like this one?
How You Can Help
Join us on March 30th and 31st as we raise $15K for families with stories just like the 15 we are sharing.
Please pray about how your family can give financially over the next 15 days.
- Give to the 2-day 15K for Families campaign. $25 or more multiplied by many will get us these funds. Join a community of people to impact the lives of many! Facebook Fundraiser
- Join us as a monthly Grace Giver and Hope Giver at $1 a day. Give $1 a day!
- Provide a match to this campaign. Email
- Join GLR/GH as an Annual Partner. Become an Annual Partner
- Contact us if you have access to rental properties that might assist our families. Email