Major Funding Changes Affecting Families
A Denton Family Story
During a street outreach, the team found Ronnie* on a mattress under a tree to shade him from the hot Texas sun. He has been experiencing homelessness since 2006. He suffered from a traumatic brain injury that left him battling depression and an anxiety disorder. After meeting the team, he has diligently been working with them to get critical documentation so he could receive access to desperately needed resources for his physical and mental wellbeing.
Affects of COVID
Due to so many office closures during the pandemic and the resulting backlog, he was delayed in getting a disability verification from a licensed clinician. Upon recently receiving that verification, he was able to be housed in emergency housing. With the impending cuts to funding, he has until the end of March to find other options, or he will be forced to return to homelessness.
There is a powerful quote, “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.” Can you join us as we work to provide safe housing for those who are fighting battles and need housing in order to recover and move forward? So many, just like Ronnie need a lifeline. Would you be that lifeline for Ronnie today?
*Name has been changed to protect confidentiality.
How You Can Help
Join us on March 30th and 31st as we raise $15K for families with stories just like the 15 we are sharing.
Please pray about how your family can give financially over the next 15 days.
- Give to the 2-day 15K for Families campaign. $25 or more multiplied by many will get us these funds. Join a community of people to impact the lives of many! Facebook Fundraiser
- Join us as a monthly Grace Giver and Hope Giver at $1 a day. Give $1 a day!
- Provide a match to this campaign. Email
- Join GLR/GH as an Annual Partner. Become an Annual Partner
- Contact us if you have access to rental properties that might assist our families. Email