A Denton Family Story
So often, we traditionally view hotels as a space for a vacation or a resting point on a business trip. But have you ever thought about what it might be like to be homeless in a hotel, not certain how many more nights you will be able to sleep there without knowing where your next place might be and thinking it might be the streets? Tiana* and her two toddlers were staying in a hotel because they did not have a home to go to. Tiana ran out of money and was unable to pay for another night and reached out to our team. The team was able to secure a Bedtime Rescue hotel for her and her children.
Her Hope for Her Future
She longs to get her and her children into their own place, but health issues and a critical surgery is needed before she can do that. Her job is on hold until she has the surgery and finds a more stable living situation and her doctor believes she should wait until she has a stable living situation to get the surgery. She is caught truly between a rock and a hard place.
The Immediate Need
The hotel she is staying at is asking her to exit today as she cannot afford to pay for one more night. Will you join us in serving this mom and her children by giving toward a stable place for them? Our team connects deeply with the pain that the clients are going through and they work tirelessly to keep them housed and empower them toward obtaining and staying in housing, not hotels.
Join us in serving Tiana and her children.
*Name changed to protect client identity.
How You Can Help
Join us on March 30th and 31st as we raise $15K for families with stories just like the 15 we are sharing.
Please pray about how your family can give financially over the next 15 days.
- Give to the 2-day 15K for Families campaign. $25 or more multiplied by many will get us these funds. Join a community of people to impact the lives of many! Facebook Fundraiser
- Join us as a monthly Grace Giver and Hope Giver at $1 a day. Give $1 a day!
- Provide a match to this campaign. Email
- Join GLR/GH as an Annual Partner. Become an Annual Partner
- Contact us if you have access to rental properties that might assist our families. Email