Major Funding Changes Affecting Families Like This
A Denton Family Story
Today’s story is of a young couple, John* and Jane*, that has been sleeping in their car with their 1 year old son and 7 month old daughter. Jane is also pregnant.
John was able to gain employment but unfortunately lost his job the first day. It is really hard to show up on time, clean, and ready for work when you living in your vehicle with 3 other people.
How GLR/GH Helps
GLR/GH was able to secure a week of hotel with our partner Bedtime Rescue but as soon as this week is up, they will unfortunately be back sleeping in their car. John has worked hard to meet with job recruiter at Goodwill Job Center whom the staff connected him to. They also have worked to access food and clothing through Vision Ministries.
These sweet family is doing everything they can to provide for their sweet children and find some sort of stability in the midst of complete chaos. Can you imagine living in your car with 2 little ones?
How You Can Help
Can you help by GIVING to provide needed emergency shelter for families like this?
Join us on March 30th and 31st as we raise $15K for families with stories just like the 15 we are sharing.
Please pray about how your family can give financially over the next 15 days.
- Give to the 2-day 15K for Families campaign. $25 or more multiplied by many will get us these funds. Join a community of people to impact the lives of many! Facebook Fundraiser
- Join us as a monthly Grace Giver and Hope Giver at $1 a day. Give $1 a day!
- Provide a match to this campaign. Email
- Join GLR/GH as an Annual Partner. Become an Annual Partner
- Contact us if you have access to rental properties that might assist our families. Email